Tennesseans for Student Success welcomes you to Inside TNSuccess.
Read below for important news happening around the state in the education space and ways you can get involved and stay informed.
TSS’ Third Annual TNSuccessCard
This week, Tennesseans for Student Success (TSS) announced the release of the 2019 TNSuccessCard, a scorecard to keep Tennessee voters informed and engaged at the ballot box. To view the TNSuccessCard, please visit TNSuccessCard.com and check out your local legislator’s grade.
Read more from our press release here.
Interested in helping amplify our TNSuccessCard? Visit TNSuccessCard.com and join the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #TNSuccessCard. Watch Adam Lister, President and CEO of Tennesseans for Student Success, below as he announces the release of our 2019 TNSuccessCard.
Tennessee Hits Highest Graduation Rate Ever
This week, the Tennessee Department of Education announced an 89.7 percent graduation rate for the 2018-19 school calendar year. This is great news as it’s the highest graduation rate on record for Tennessee, and is more than half a percentage point higher than previous years. Read more about what Commissioner Penny Schwinn had to say about this news here. Congratulations to all those working hard in classrooms across Tennessee. As they celebrate this announcement, we hope everyone will join together in committing to push even harder for student success.
Tristar Reads: Recapping What We’ve Learned
We’re thankful you joined us this summer as we work each year to help prevent the summer slide in Tennessee students.
Be on the lookout for future correspondence from us announcing the winner of our scholarship program. And in the meantime, enjoy Pete the Cat and His Magic Sunglasses, read by the TSS staff.
Do you want to be an advocate for Tennessee students?
Learn more about how to advocate for Tennessee students and get involved in our TSS events by staying connected. Check out our online advocacy portal and sign up below to receive updates and stay involved with us.
In Case You Missed It…
- theChattanoogan.com: Tennesseans for Student Success Announce Release of 2019 TNSuccessCard
- The Tennessean: Tennessee Promise helps Lebanon’s Cumberland University set enrollment record with 2,550 students
- Daily Memphian: Comcast ‘Digital Inclusion Day’ means free laptops, grants for nonprofits
- Tullahoma News: New elementary class is all about that bass
- The Jackson Sun: Nonprofit paints positive wall art in bathrooms at East Elementary in Humboldt, TCA
- Johnson City Press: Science Hill has 10 National Merit Semifinalists