This Thanksgiving, we’re especially thankful for…
10. The Tennesseans for Student Success family grew this year to welcome Operations Manager, Brooke Gray.
8. As our Legislative Scorecard shows, the second first session of the 110th General Assembly continued to support the policies and priorities that support student success.
7. We celebrated these reward schools who support, promote, and encourage student success every day.
6. 79% of our students have mastered, are on track, or are approaching where they need to be in English Language Arts. In math, 74%.
4. With Tennessee-specific academic standards, and an assessment fully aligned to those standards, Tennessee’s parents, educators, students now have an accurate look at where we are and how we can get to where we need to be.
3. There’s a strong accountability system in place to make sure everyone – you, me, elected officials, teachers, community leaders, administrators, parents, students – everyone involved in the classroom is accountable for student success.
1. You. We’ve said it over and over again; we couldn’t do this work without you.
Whether you’ve called a legislator, joined us to advocate in the General Assembly, invited an educator to share their teacher voice, promoted our social media feeds, or became a Tristar Reader, you’ve helped create an opportunity for every student in Tennessee to obtain success.